Canon TR8520 Printer Unboxing Setup
- Before you start the unboxing setup, confirm that your shipment box has no damages.
- Open the shipment box and then take all the necessary contents out of it.
- Lift the printer out of the carton and then place it on a dust-free area.
- Now, enable the power supply to the printer. Plug the power cable to the rear of your printer.
- Attach the other end of the cable to your wall outlet. Make sure not to use a film, strip, or an extension cord.
- Press the ON button to switch On the printer.
- Open the input cassette, load a sufficient quantity of A4 papers, and then close it.
- Install all the cartridges into the correct slots to complete the unboxing process.
IJ Start Canon TR8520 Driver & Manual Download
Users can download the driver and the user guide for their Canon TR8520 printer for free from this web page directly.
Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer USB Port Setup
- Once you click on the Driver Download button given on this site, run the setup file.
- Choose the Start Setup button, click the name of your region, and then select the Next option.
- Select the Yes button on the License Agreement dialog box.
- Click the Agree or Do not Agree option on the Extended Survey Program pop-up window.
- Choose Next, select the USB Connection radio button, and click the Next option again.
- Plug the USB cord between your Canon TR8520 printer and the Personal Computer.
- Choose Next, and select Next again on the Setup Complete screen.
- Select all the additional apps that you wish to install and choose Next.
- Choose either the Next or Skip option, and click the Exit button on the Installation Completed Successfully window.
Canon TR8520 Print Function
- Complete the basic setup procedure like turning your printer on, loading paper into the tray and checking the ink level in the cartridges.
- Before you begin, make sure what type of print job you are going to perform.
- You can print on standard sheets, photo paper, envelopes, and postcards.
- You can also perform different printing operations like scaled printing, page layout printing, poster printing, duplex printing, and more.
- The method for performing print operations are the same, but the settings vary.
- Hence, decide them before you start a print job on your IJ Start Canon TR8520.
How To Print On Canon TR8520?
- Check if the Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer is turned on.
- Load paper in into the input tray.
- Launch the application from which you want to perform the print job.
- Press the Ctrl + P keys to open the print dialog box.
- The Quick Setup tab will be selected by default.
- Move to the Commonly Used Settings segment and use the scroll bar next to it to view the options.
- If an option is selected, then the predefined settings become active.
- You can also set the preferences manually.
- Select the print quality among the High, Standard and Draft options.
- Mention the paper source in which you have placed the paper.
- The printer will start printing based on the preferences you have set.
IJ Start Canon TR8520 Copy Function
- Initially, you need to load paper in the rear tray or the cassette and register the paper settings before you begin the copying process on the IJ Start Canon TR8520 printer.
- Do not forget to close the feed slot cover after loading paper.
- Detach the cassette from the unit, load paper in it, and attach it back.
- The Register cassette paper info screen appears in the display. Mention the page size and the paper type, and touch the Register option.
Steps To Copy With Canon TR8520
- Go through the procedure below to know how to copy on Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer.
- Check if the printer is turned on.
- Load the original document on the platen glass with the print side facing down.
- When the basic copy setup is complete, move to the Operation panel and press the Copy button.
- Select the Standard copy icon.
- Mention the number of copies and the scanning method.
- A copy of the original appears in the preview screen.
- Mention the page size and the color for copying.
- The IJ Start Canon TR8520 will now start copying. To stop the process in the middle, touch the Stop button on the operation panel.
- Remember to remove the original from the document output slot after the process of copying completes.
IJ Start Canon TR8520 Scan
A scan is one of the added features of the Canon TR8520 printer. It changes all your hard copy documents into the soft one. Start scanning your documents using the steps mentioned below.
How To Scan On Canon TR8520?
- To start with the scanning process, open the scanner lid.
- You can choose your document and place it on the Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer'S platen.
- Scanning requires IJ Scan Utility. Open the app and select Settings.
- Wait until the Settings dialog box appears on the screen.
- You can find the Document Scan option on the screen. Click on it.
- Choose the Select Source option based on the document to be scanned.
- If you wish to scan only the first page of the document, click Document.
- If you wish to scan both sides of the document, Click Document(Duplex).
- Assign a set mode or color size based on the requirement.
- After the setting is complete, click the Scan option to complete the process.
IJ Start Canon TR8520 Fax
Fax is a process of sending or receiving documents via a landline connection. It is mainly used in office environments. Try to send a document with the help of the instructions provided below.
How To Fax With Canon TR8520?
- Use a telephone line to link the printer to the rear end and the phone wall jack.
- Set the basic fax settings if required.
- Add contact number to the recipient list.
- Open the input tray and load the document with the scan side facing up.
- Set the document guide against the edges of the paper.
- On the Home screen of the printer’s operation panel, press Fax.
- Type the fax number in the corresponding field and click OK.
- Use the Black button to send or receive the document in black and white format.
- Use the Color button to get the documents in the color format.
IJ Start Canon TR8520 Wired Setup
- Check if the ON lamp is lit on your Canon printer. If not, turn it On.
- Wait for the Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer to finish the initialization process.
- Get an Ethernet cable from a nearby store as it is not included in the printer’s package.
- Eject the cap from the Ethernet port situated at the rear side of the Canon TR8520 printer.
- Now, plug the Ethernet cable into the printer’s port.
- Attach the other end of it to your computer.
- Tap the Home icon on the printer’s operation panel and select the Wireless Frequency icon.
- Touch LAN Settings and select Wired LAN.
- Activate Wired LAN and revert to the Home screen.
- Print a sample page to check whether the connection is established.
Canon TR8520 Wireless Setup
- You can access the Canon TR8520 printer from your computer through a wireless connection.
- Before you start the process, ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Wait for the printer to complete the print head alignment.
- On the printer’s operation panel, tap the Wireless Frequency icon.
- When the Basic Network Information screen appears, tap LAN Settings.
- Select Wireless LAN and touch Easy Wireless Connect.
- On the confirmation screen, tap Yes.
- Tap OK and access your computer to install the IJ Utility.
- Load the installation CD on your computer and start the Setup process.
- When you see the Setup window, click the Start Setup button.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions to install the Canon TR8520 Printer Driver.
- Choose the connection type and click Next.
- Select your wireless router’s SSID and key in the password for it.
- Click Next and perform a test print.
- Include any optional Canon application and complete the setup.
Mobile Printing Feature On Canon TR8520
To set up the Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer for Mobile printing, you can use the Google Cloud Print. You can perform the mobile print operation using Google Cloud Print in two ways, with and without the internet.
Print On Canon TR8520 With Apple Airprint
- Initially, turn on your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure to connect the printer and the iOS devices to the same wireless network.
- Locate the printer and the iOS devices within the range of your Wi-Fi network.
- Before, going to the next step, check if your printer supports the AirPrint option.
- Now, on your iPhone, open the app in which the file you want to print is located.
- Once, you open the app and select the file you want to print, tap the app’s Share icon.
- The screen displays different share format from that select the Print option.
- Now connect your printer to your iPhone.
- As soon as you tap the Print option, the list of the installed printers shows up.
- Tap the Select Printer option and touch an AirPrint- enabled printer from the list.
- Enter the number of copies you want.
- Finally, tap Print. The print option is available at the upper-right corner of the screen.
Google Cloud Print On Canon TR8520
- To print from Google Cloud Print to Canon TR8520, you need to register your printer with the Google Cloud Print. You can use the wireless or wired network to operate.
- Launch a Google Chrome browser on your computer and sign into your Google account.
- Click the Settings option next to the Menu button.
- Select the Advanced option. Additional information related to your account will be displayed.
- Choose the Manage Cloud Print Devices for Google Cloud Print.
- Click the Add printers option to install your Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer.
- Click the OK key in the confirmation message dialog box.
- In the register confirmation window, click the Yes button.
- Now, the printer registration is complete.
- The next step is to perform the print operation with Google Cloud Print.
- For that, you can use the wireless or wired network connection type.
- Start your printer and the computer.
- Make sure that your wireless network is ready to use.
- If you are using a wired connection, then ensure that you are using a portable USB cable.
Register Canon TR8520 On Pixma Cloud Link
To print using the Google Cloud Print feature, you need a Google account. Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Personal Computer.
- The Canon TR8520 PIXMA Cloud Link helps you send any file from the SNS or a photo-sharing site.
- Using PIXMA Cloud Link, you can perform the print operation directly from your printer or the smartphone/tablet.
- Open the PIXMA Cloud link on your system and select the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY option in the Main Screen.
- Enter the required information on the authentication screen, and then select the Login option.
- Open the album folder, select the image you want to print, and then click the Next button.
- Add paper size, media type, print quality in the screen displayed, and press the OK button to begin the print operation.
How To Change Network Settings On Canon Tr8520?
- The first step is to open the IJ Network Tool on your system.
- Choose your Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer from the Printers tab.
- Tap the Configuration button and then choose the Wireless LAN option.
- The following settings will be displayed in the succeeding window:
- Network Type
- AirPort Network(Infra)
- Encryption Method
- TCP/IP Setting
- IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- Modify the settings as required and click the OK button to save the modified settings.
- Your network will now work based on the modified settings.
Manage Canon TR8520 With Network Device Setup Utility
- IJ Network Device Setup Utility software lets you manage the printers that are connected to the network.
- You can download the Network Device Setup Utility software from the official site.
- Windows 10: Select the Start icon and click on the All Apps option and then choose Canon Utilities.
- Select the IJ Network Device Setup Utility3. If it does not appear, search for the same on the Search the web and Windows screen.
- Windows 8 or 8.1: Choose the IJ Network Device Setup Utility option on the Start dialog box to begin it.
- Windows 7 or Vista: Click Start, select the All Programs option, and then choose Canon Utilities.
- Locate and then click on the IJ Network Device Setup Utility button.
- Once you start the tool, it lists all the printers that are associated with the network.
Canon TR8520 Troubleshooting Techniques
Errors can arise in the Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer if it is not regularly. The steps for resolving all the issues that occur in the printer are provided below.
Solution To Canon TR8520 Printer Not Working
- Ensure that the printer is plugged into a power supply that is functioning properly.
- Try restarting your entire print spooler service. Tap the Windows logo and R keys to open the Run pop-up window.
- Mention services.msc in the search field and then press Enter.
- The Services dialog box opens on your Personal Computer.
- Now, choose the Print Spooler option and then click the Restart button.
- Check if your printer is working by performing a print function.
- Be sure that your Canon TR8520 printer is linked to your Mac or Windows system using a wired or wireless network.
- Try attaching the power cord to another socket.
- Ascertain to connect the electrical cord between the Canon TR8520 printer and the socket without using any extension or strip.
Clear Scanning Issues On Canon TR8520
- Make sure that the Canon TR8520 printer is powered On, else press the ON button to switch it On.
- Try inserting the USB Cord to a different USB port on your Mac or Windows Personal Computer.
- If you have attached the USB cord to a USB hub, remove it and then plug it into the port on your system.
- Check the status of your wireless connection and then connect your Canon TR8520 printer to it again.
- Now, power cycle your Mac or Windows device.
- Ensure that the MP drivers are launched on your desktop correctly.
- If it is not installed, do the same from this site or using the software CD.
- Choose your Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer on the Applications dialog box.
- Confirm that the app supports the TWAIN feature. Try to carry out the scan function using the IJ Scan Utility tool.
Solve Canon TR8520 Printing Issues
- Ensure that the Canon TR8520 printer is connected into the power source securely.
- Long press the ON button to switch On your printer. When your printer is initializing, the ON lamp blinks.
- Do not proceed until the ON lamp stops flickering but remains lit.
- Confirm whether your Canon TR8520 printer is connected to your Personal Computer properly.
- Ensure that the paper settings match the data that is set for your input tray or cassette.
- Delete all the unwanted print jobs from your Mac or Windows system.
- Check if your printer software is selected correctly when you are performing the print function.
- Make sure that your ink cartridges have enough ink levels inside it.
- If the ink level is low, replace it.
- Restart your printer and the computer, and then do a printing operation.
Fix Canon TR8520 Fax Problems
- If you have any problem associated with faxing, then follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, check if the Canon printer is turned on. If not, turn it on using the Power button.
- Verify the memory of the printer is full. If so, then clear the memory to send or receive the fax.
- Now, check if the telephone line type is set correctly.
- Check if your fax number is registered properly in the directory of the printer.
- Service your Canon Pixma TR8520 Printer if all the above solutions fail.