Canon MX492 Unboxing Setup
- First, open the printer’s carton and make sure that all the accessories along with the user guide and warranty card are delivered correctly.
- Lift the brand new Canon Pixma MX492 printer from the shipment box.
- Make sure that the place in which the printer is to be kept satisfies the conditions such as humidity and temperature.
- Confirm that all the tapes and packing materials present on the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer are discarded.
- Set the power connection by inserting the electrical cable into the rear of the printer and the electrical socket.
- Power the Canon Pixma MX492 printer On and then set all your choices on the operator panel.
- Place enough quantity of A4 sheets into the cassette or main input tray.
- Install the fine and original ink cartridges into the particular slots and then print an alignment sheet for finishing the setup and installation process.
Canon MX492 Driver & Manual Download
Do you need the updated driver and the user guide for your Canon Pixma MX492 printer? Just click on the Manual Download and the Driver Download buttons that are provided on this web page.
How to print on Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup?
Perform the duplex printing process using the procedure that is given below.
Canon Mx492 How To Print
- Launch the Printer Driver setup window on your system as the first step.
- The next step is to set up Duplex Printing.
- To do so, go to the Page Setup tab and highlight the checkbox near the Duplex Printing(Manual) option.
- Set the correct Layout. Choose from Normal Size, Fit-to-Page, Scaled, or Page Layout option.
- Next, mention the Stapling Side. The recommended stapling side is selected under the Orientation and Page Layout options.
- Assign a Margin Width if necessary and click OK.
- Save the settings and search for the document you want to print. Open it on your system.
- From the File tab, select the Print option and specify the number of copies you wish to print.
- Finally, click Print. The canon mx492 setup will print your document with assigned print settings.
Canon Pixma Mx492 Copy
Make use of the instructions stated below to copy your documents or images.
How To Copy on Canon Pixma MX492?
- Check if the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup is turned on.
- Extend the input tray and stack plain papers after aligning them.
- Tap the Copy button from the control panel of the printer.
- The next step is to position the original documents on the scanner glass. The copy side should face downwards.
- Set the Size of the Page and the Magnification on the next screen.
- The Magnification will be displayed first followed by the Page Size.
- Make use the Left and Right Arrow buttons to specify the number of copies.
- Tap the Color button for copying the documents in color and the Black button to get a copy in black & white.
Canon Pixma MX492 Scan
Set up the canon pixma mx492 setup as per the user guide instructions. Check if the paper tray is full and the ink cartridges are inserted correctly. Install the Canon MX492 printer driver on your computer and try a test scan as per the instructions given below.
Canon MX492 How To Scan
To perform scan operation on your Canon MX492 printer, follow the instructions discussed below.
- Make sure your Canon MX492 printer is turned On.
- Now, launch the Canon IJ Scan Utility on your system.
- To launch the IJ Scan Utility on Windows, follow the instructions given below.
- Click the Start menu and select the Programs option followed Canon Utility.
- Click IJ Scan Utility and select IJ Scan Utility.
- Similarly to launch the IJ Scan Utility on your Mac device, click Go in the Finder tab.
- Click the Applications .
- Canon IJ Scan Utility.
- IJ Scan Utility.
- Now, raise the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup's scanner lid, place a document you wish to scan, and close the lid.
- Click the Scan button on the printer control panel.
- Choose the scan format and click the OK button.
- The printer will scan the document and the data will be saved in the selected format on your system.
Canon Pixma MX492 Fax
Enable the Fax option on your canon mx492 fax setup to begin the fax setup. Make sure to set up the printer for Fax operation as per the instructions given below.
How To Fax on Canon Pixma MX492?
To know more about the Fax setup, follow the instructions as given below.
- Turn On your Canon MX492 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Navigate to Setup and select it.
- Using the arrow keys scroll screen and select the Fax settings option.
- Press the OK button to save the option.
- The Easy Setup wizard opens.
- Press the OK button in the Start setup option.
- Now, the Connect your Tel socket & the LINE jack on the device’s rear side message appear on the LCD screen.
- Perform the same procedure as displayed on the LCD screen and press the OK button.
- Perform the printer on-screen instructions and finish the setup process.
- Finally, try a test fax operation on Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup.
Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Connection Setup
The Canon MX492 printer can be configured to set up the wireless connection with a wireless router. You need to install a Canon Pixma MX492 Printer driver on your computer to connect the Canon device with your computer. The detailed guidelines to connect your MX492 with the computer and router is given below.
Canon MX492 Wireless Connection Using Wireless Router
To connect the Canon MX492 wirelessly using a wireless router, follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Before proceeding with these wireless connection guidelines, make sure your wireless router is set up and your computer is connected to the network.
- Power on the Canon MX492 printer and press the screwdriver & pliers(Setup) icon.
- Use the left or right arrow icon to choose the Wireless LAN setup.
- Press the OK button, go to Other Setup, and press the OK button again.
- Choose the Cableless setup option and press the OK button.
- Download the Canon MX492 driver from this site under the Mac or Windows section according to your computer’s OS.
- Double-click the MX492 driver, accept the terms & conditions, and proceed with the on-screen guidelines.
- On the printer connection method page, choose Wireless LAN Connection.
- Choose the option that reads Connect via wireless router and click Next.
- Click on the Cableless setup option on the setup procedure selection screen and then click Yes in the .NET Framework screen.
- Click Next, follow the guidelines on the screen and finally, when the Setup Completion appears, click Complete.
- Click Next on the Setup Complete screen, click Agree or Not Agree in the Extended Survey screen, and then click Execute in the Test Print Screen.
- Now, click Exit to complete the cableless setup.
Canon MX492 Wireless Connection Without Using Wireless Router
To connect the Canon MX492 printer wirelessly without using a wireless router, you can follow these guidelines. You will find out how to initialize cableless setup with an Android device.
- Power up the Canon MX492 printer and press the Copy icon/button on the 4-button panel below the LCD if the screen is blank.
- Now, you see some text on the LCD. Press the Setup icon(screwdriver & pliers).
- Use the 'Left' or 'Right' arrow button to go to Device Settings and press OK.
- Navigate to LAN settings of Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup and press OK.
- Navigate to Change LAN and press OK.
- Go to Access Point mode and press OK.
- Now, press OK on Start setup. Access point mode is enabled.
- You can use the 'Left' and 'Right' arrow buttons to view the SSID and network key.
- Go to your Android device and install the Canon PRINT Inkjet app.
- Launch the PRINT Inkjet app, tap on the black screen overlay once, and tap the Add printer icon on the top-left portion of the app’s main screen.
- Tap the Register Printer button at the bottom, touch Setup, and then tap Select Connection Method.
- Tap the Direct Connection button. Follow the remaining on-screen guidelines to complete cableless setup on your MX492 device through the Android device.
Canon MX492 Mobile Printing
Mobile printing solutions let you connect your mobile device to printer and print using an app.
Canon MX492 Apple Airprint
- The first step of the procedure is to download the AirPrint app and install it on your Apple device.
- Enable the Wi-Fi option on your Apple device and connect it to a wireless network of your choice.
- Turn on the Wireless option on your printer and connect it to the same wireless network as your Apple device.
- Open the AirPrint app on your device and select the Operation option.
- From the list of options displayed, choose the Print option.
- Under the Printer Options, select the model of Canon printer.
- Select the Range of the document you want to print.
- Press the + or - symbol to increase or decrease the number of copies to be printed.
- Enable the Duplex Printing option if you want to in the next step.
- Choose the Print option.
Canon MX492 Google Cloud Print
- Before printing, register your account using the Google Chrome web browser.
- Open it on your device and go to the Chrome menu. Choose the Sign into Chrome option and sign in using the credentials you know.
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings option and select the Manage option.
- Add your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup to the list. Click OK in the Confirmation Message window.
- From the Chrome menu, select the Print option.
- Under the Destination menu, choose the Print With Google Cloud Print option.
- Make sure the input tray has enough paper to complete the print job.
- The printer will acquire the print data and start printing in a few seconds.
Canon MX492 Pixma Cloud Link
- Verify whether your Canon MX492 printer is connected to the Internet.
- Tap the Settings option from the home screen of the printer and then press the Cloud Applications option.
- Once the registration is complete, select the Canon iMAGE GATEWAY option from the main screen of the control panel.
- Specify the Country/Region, User ID, and Password. Tap Log In.
- The next step is to select the Album from the displayed list.
- Choose the Images to be printed and modify the Print Settings if needed.
- Select the Color option on the Print Settings page.
- Tap OK to initiate the printing process.
- If you want to continue with the printing process, then select the Album and Images again to print.
Canon Pixma MX492 Firmware Update
- Make sure that the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer is switched On.
- Confirm that the model of your Canon device is associated with the Internet.
- Tap the Menu button on the front panel of your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer and select the Setup button, and then touch the OK button.
- Now, press the Device Settings option and then tap OK.
- Choose the Firmware Update button, select OK, and then touch the Install Update option.
- Select the OK button and confirm that you want to upgrade the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup's firmware by tapping the OK button.
- Once you press the OK button, the firmware update process starts. After the Update Succeeded dialog box appears on the touch panel, select the OK button.
Canon MX492 Printer Troubleshooting
There are several issues that the Canon MX492 Printer may encounter. There are defined troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues. It is suggested to maintain your Canon device periodically. The easy instructions for clearing the printer problems such as offline, not working, issues in the printing, scanning process, and more are provided on this web page.
Why Canon MX492 Printer Is Offline?
- Make sure that the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer is set as the default printing source.
- The steps on how to set the printer as the default on both the Windows and Mac systems are given below.
- Windows: First locate and click on the Start button on your computer.
- Then, select the Devices and Printers option. Right-click on your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer and then select the Set as Default Printer button.
- Mac: At the top-left corner of your Mac screen, the Apple icon will be available; select the same.
- Choose the System Preferences button, followed by the Printers & Scanners option.
- From the sidebar, right-click on the model of your Canon device and then click on the Set as Default Printer option.
- After the printer is set as default, check whether the offline problem is resolved by printing a document.
- If the offline error continues, ensure that the printer is linked with the personal computer.
Canon MX492 Printer Not Working
- Confirm that the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer is in the Active or Ready state.
- If the printer is not switched On, long-press the ON button.
- Ensure that the power plug is linked into the electrical cable into the connector of the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup.
- Now, power up your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the wall outlet or electrical socket. Reinsert the electrical cable into your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer.
- Turn the Canon device On and after three to five minutes, check whether it is working properly.
- If the error persists, make sure that the power supply is function correctly.
- Try connecting the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer into a different socket or outlet.
Canon Not Printing Issue
To fix Canon MX492 printer, not printing issue, perform the troubleshooting tips given below.
- Check if the connection setup between the printer and the computer are done correctly as per the guided instructions.
- Check if the power plug is securely connected to the wall outlet.
- Make sure that the access point is enabled.
- Check if the paper tray is full.
- Make sure that there are no jammed paper.
- Check if the Canon MX492 printer is installed on your computer correctly.
- Make sure that the Canon MX492 printer is selected in the Print dialog box.
- Reboot your Canon MX492 printer and the computer.
- Reset the printer settings as per the instructions.
Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Not Scanning
To fix the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup not Scanning issues, follow the instructions as given below.
- Check if you have placed the document to be scanned correctly on the scanner glass.
- Check if the Canon MX492 Screenshot from 2019-06-14 16-51-14printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Make sure that the IJ Scan Utility application is enabled on your system.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer. Connect the USB cable to the different port of the printer.
- Reboot your computer and the Canon MX492 printer.
Canon MX492 Wireless Setup Issue
- Make sure that the Canon MX492 printer and the wireless router are turned On.
- Check if your Canon Pixma Printer is selected during the wireless setup.
- Ensure that the wireless router is working properly.
- Check if the Wi-Fi icon is displayed at the top of the printer screen.
- Make sure that the Canon printer and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Restart your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Setup, router, and the computer.