IJ Start Canon MX490 Unboxing Setup
- First, check whether the shipment box of your Canon PIXMA MX490 printer has the manufacturer’s seal on it.
- Open the packaging box and take all the shipped components out of it.
- Lift the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer from the box.
- Ensure that you do not expose the Canon device to direct sunlight.
- Confirm whether all the packing materials on your device are removed.
- Insert the power cable to the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer and the wall outlet.
- Press the ON/OFF button for powering On the Canon device.
- Load the cassette with sufficient white papers.
- Install the shipped fine cartridges into their respective slots for completing the setup process.
Canon MX490 Driver & Manual Download
The driver is needed for setting up a connection between the Canon MX490 printer and your Mac or Windows system. You can get the newest version of the driver for your Canon printer from this web page. Also, the PDF copy of the Canon Pixma MX490 manual is available here on this site. To get the software, click on the Driver Download button, and for the manual and select the Manual Download button.
Fix Canon MX490 Not Scanning Issue
- Ensure that the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup is in the Active state.
- Power Off the Canon device and then disconnect the power cable and the USB cord (if inserted).
- Replug both the power and the USB cords, and then check whether the scanning issue has cleared.
- If the issue remains unresolved, restart the Windows or Mac personal computer and the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer.
- Also, try plugging the US cable to another port on your personal system.
- Ascertain that the MP software is installed on your Mac or Windows device.
- If the driver is not available on your computer, install the latest MP drivers for your Canon MX490 printer from this website.
- Confirm that your Canon PIXMA MX490 printer is chosen on the Applications window.
Printhead Cleaning In MX490
There are times when the printhead needs cleaning. The instructions given below will help you clean the printheads of your canon printer.
Clear Paper Jam In Canon MX490
- Paper jams in the transport unit: Power Off the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer and then detach the electrical cable.
- Raise the document cover and then position the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer with the right side facing downwards.
- Locate and then open the transport unit.
- Look for jammed papers inside and then pull them out carefully.
- After discarding the jammed papers, close the transport unit and then replug the electrical cable to the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup’s rear.
- Reload the papers into the cassette if required.
- If the paper jam error message still appears on the panel, then check whether there are paper jams in the Automatic Document Feeder, input tray, and cartridge holder.
Why is Canon MX490 Not Connecting To Wi-Fi?
- The common solution for the not connecting issue is to reset the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer, and restart the computer and the network router.
- Turn the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer Off and do not continue for at least ten seconds.
- Remove the power cord from the Canon device and then power Off your Mac or Windows personal computer.
- Replug the power cable to your Canon PIXMA MX490 printer and then power it On.
- Now, go to your wireless access point and then detach the electrical cord from the rear.
- After ten to thirty seconds, reinsert the cord into your wireless router.
- Switch on the Mac or Windows system and then check whether the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer can link to your wireless network.
Canon IJ Setup MX490 Print
The IJ Canon MX490 printer performs print operations at high speed. Set up your Canon MX490 printer before connecting it to your device. Connect the printer and the computer through a Wireless network. To perform the print operation on your Canon MX490 printer, follow the steps given below.
How To Print With Canon MX490?
- Check if your Canon MX490 printer is turned ON.
- Open the input tray, load papers into it, and close the tray.
- Open a document you wish to print on your computer.
- Click the File menu on the document viewer screen and select the Print option.
- Choose your Canon Pixma MX490 Setup from the Print Dialog list.
- Set the number of copies, orientation, quality & media, print quality, and media type options.
- Finally, click the Print option.
- Now your Canon MX490 printer starts the print operation.
Copying On Canon MX490
The IJ Canon MX490 printer can copy photos and documents at high resolution and speed. Reduce or enlarge the size of the document to be copied before you perform the copy operation. Follow the steps given below to copy using your Canon MX490 printer.
How To Copy On Canon MX490?
- Power on your Canon MX490 printer.
- Touch the Copy button on the Canon MX490 printer control panel.
- Now, place the document you wish to copy on the platen glass or ADF.
- Set the correct page size and magnification ratio.
- Make use of arrow keys on the printer control panel to set the number of copies and other options.
- Press the Color button for a color copy.
- Similarly, press the Black button for a black copy.
- Now the printer starts the copy operation.
- Once the process is done, check the quality of the copied output.
Mobile Printing In Canon Pixma MX490
- Power on your Canon MX490 printer and connect it your wireless network.
- To connect your Canon Pixma MX490 Setup to a wireless network, go to Network Select Connection Method → Wireless network.
- Use the arrow keys on the printer control panel to select the options.
- Now, download the Pixma Printing Solutions app on your mobile phone.
- Enable Wi-Fi on your mobile phone.
- Make sure to connect the printer to the wireless network to which the mobile phone is connected.
- Open the downloaded application on your mobile phone and open a document you want to print.
- Click the menu or share icon and select your printer from the installed devices list.
- Now the printer starts the print operation.
Apple Airprint Setup In Canon MX490
- Initially, download the Pixma Solutions app on your iPhone or iPod.
- The Pixma Solutions app is available for download in the Apple store.
- Install the application on your iPhone or iPod.
- Make sure to turn on your printer and connect it to the wireless network that your iPhone is connected to.
- Open the Pixma Solution app on your iPhone.
- Find the document you want to print and select your printer by clicking the share icon.
- Enter the authentication details if required and wait for the print operation to initiate.
- Now the printer starts the print operation.
Scanning On Canon IJ Setup MX490
The Canon MX490 printer is a multi-function device that can scan, print, copy, and fax. The Canon device performs scanning with the help of its contact image sensor. The Canon Pixma MX490 Setup supports auto scan mode, PDF password security, scan to cloud, push scan, and so on. In this Canon device, the color depth options are 24-bit external and 48-bit internal. The following content will explain in detail how you can scan a document on the MX490.
How To Scan On Canon MX490?
- Turn on your Canon MX 490 printer and ensure that the device is connected directly to the power outlet.
- The guidelines that are below this step can be followed after ensuring that the Canon MP driver has been downloaded from the manufacturer's site and installed on your computer.
- Launch the Canon IJ Scan Utility on your computer. Place the document on the Canon device’s platen.
- Choose Settings on the IJ Scan Utility’s main dialog box.
- Set your preferred resolution, paper size, and other data according to the type of the document being scanned.
- Go to the Settings button, click it, and choose the save path by changing the details mentioned beside the Save in option.
- Click Document on the application’s dialog box. It is located above the Instructions button.
- Now, the document will be scanned by the Canon MX 490 and saved to the path that you set.
Canon IJ Setup MX490 Fax
The Canon MX 490 is a multi-function printer which can fax, print, scan, and copy. The Canon device supports faxing up to speeds of 33.6 Kilobytes per second. It has fax features like caller rejection, answering machine connectivity, memory transmission, redial, and much more. Black & white faxes are sent at the rate of 3 seconds per page and color faxes are sent at the rate of one minute per page. You can read the guidelines provided below to find out how you can send a fax on the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup.
How To Fax On Canon MX490?
- Power on the printer and wait until it initializes.
- Go to the Canon device’s control panel and look for the FAX button.
- Press the button to see the fax standby screen.
- Place the documents to be faxed on the Canon MX 490’s auto document feeder.
- Select the Menu button on the standby screen. Use the left & right on-screen buttons to go to the Scan contrast option, press OK, and adjust the contrast.
- Press the OK button on the screen and then adjust scan resolution in the same way.
- Choose Photo in the Scan Resolution options if you want to scan a photograph on the Canon device.
- Press the OK button on the Scan Resolution screen to return to the Fax standby screen.
- Pick up the receiver of the telephone that is connected to the Canon MX 490.
- Dial the fax number of the recipient on the telephone and speak to the recipient. Ask the recipient to set their fax device.
- When you hear a high-frequency noise, press the Color or Black button on the device’s screen for color or black & white transmission respectively.
Canon IJ Setup MX490 Google Cloud Print
By reading the guidelines mentioned below, you can easily set up the Canon MX 490 to print documents with Google Cloud Print. Ensure that the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup is on and connected to your computer through a wireless connection.
- Enter your credentials to log into your Google account or create it from the browser on your computer.
- Click the Customise & Control Chrome button located on the right-hand side of the search bar.
- Select the Settings button from the drop-down list.
- Scroll down and locate the Advanced button. Click it to open other options.
- Find Google print under the Printing options, click it, and choose Manage Cloud print devices.
- Choose Add printers, select your printer, and wait for the printer registration confirmation message.
- Load paper in the paper tray of the Canon printer.
- Open the document on a smartphone or computer.
- Choose the Print option and select Print with Google Cloud Print from the print destination option.
- Now, the Canon MX490 receives the data and starts printing.
Canon IJ Setup MX490 PIXMA Cloud Link
The Canon MX490 printer can be configured to print documents through PIXMA Cloud link easily. Follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Ensure that the Canon MX 490 is connected to the internet.
- Touch the icon that resembles a gear or a cloud and proceed to the next step.
- The next screen displays the ready to register notice and an OK button.
- Tap the OK button.
- On the Make registration screen, tap Next.
- Now, you can print documents or pictures through Canon Image Gateway.
- Enter your credentials in the login screen, tap Log in, select the album, and tap Next.
- Adjust the print settings on the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup’s LCD and touch OK to start printing.
How To Change Network Settings On Canon MX490?
IJ Start Canon MX490’s network settings can be modified with the help of the web browser on your computer. For detailed assistance, go through the steps below.
Canon IJ Setup MX490 Firmware Update
Follow the guidelines that are given below to update the firmware on your Canon MX 490.
- Turn on the Canon MX 490 and wait until it initializes.
- Ensure that the Canon device is connected to an active internet.
- Touch the Menu button and then choose Setup.
- Tap OK, and then go to Device Settings, and choose OK.
- Now, choose Firmware update and then select OK again.
- Tap on Install update and confirm the selection by pressing OK.
- Select Yes, then OK to proceed with the firmware update.
- Press OK and wait until the Update succeeded message is displayed.
- Touch OK to close the Canon firmware update screen.
How To Reset Canon MX490 printer?
Read the guidelines mentioned below to reset the Canon MX 490 printer.
- Press the Power button on your Canon MX490 while it is on to turn it off.
- Touch and hold the Stop button for two seconds.
- While holding the Stop button, press and hold the Power button.
- Now, let go of the Stop button but continue pressing the Power button.
- Tap the Stop button five times with your free hand and let go of the Power button.
- The LCD goes blank and then makes some noise. After the noise stops, press the Power button to restart the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup.
- This completes the reset of the Canon device.
Canon MX490 Printer Setup Troubleshooting
The Canon MX 490 is a printer that has a wide range of features, such as print, copy, fax, and scan. The common issues that are faced by users while using the Canon device include machine not powering on, printing does not start, no paper error, paper jam, fax errors, and so on. Most of the network errors are resolved when you use IJ Scan Utility, an application that is part of the MP driver. If the issues persist, you can perform a reset with the help of our guidelines and resolve them. You will have to reinstall Canon drivers on your computer and connect the Canon printer to your computer once again.
Canon IJ Setup MX490 Printer Not Printing
When the Canon MX 490 does not print, you can follow the guidelines mentioned below to resolve the issue.
- Check whether the Canon device’s power LED is blinking. Wait until it stops to let the printer initialize.
- Connect the Canon MX 490 directly to the computer’s USB port if there is a USB hub connection used.
- Ensure that the Canon device’s paper output tray is open.
- Delete unnecessary or inactive print jobs if there are any, from the computer.
- You can uninstall the Canon driver on your computer and install the MP driver from the Canon driver installation CD or download it from this site.
Canon MX490 Wireless Setup
Below given methods will help you connect the printer to the computer wirelessly using a router and without using a router.
- Begin the process by checking if the Canon printer is turned on.
- Tap the Setup button and use the arrow keys to select the Wireless LAN Setup option.
- Press OK. The Canon Pixma MX490 Setup will start searching for the available networks.
- Go to your wireless router and press the WPS button. Hold it for a few seconds.
- Select the OK option when the Connected Press OK message appears.
- Press the Copy button, and the wireless setup will be complete.
- Assign a print job to the Canon MX490 printer and check the connection.
Wireless Connection Without Wireless Router In Canon MX490
- Navigate to the Settings option and select the Device Settings option.
- Choose the LAN Settings option followed by the Change LAN option.
- Select the Access Point Mode option in the next screen. Tap SSID.
- Press the Back button after verifying the SSID Information.
- The next step is to set a Security Protocol and verify the password.
- Initiate the setup process by pressing the Start Setup option.
- Go to the computer and right-click on the Wireless icon. Choose the View Available Wireless Networks option.
- Choose a wireless network of your choice and specify the Network Key. Click the Connect option.
- The wireless connection process of Canon Pixma MX490 Setup is now complete.
Fix Canon Pixma Airprint Issues
- Verify whether the Canon MX490 printer is turned on. The iOS device should be connected to the network.
- Restart the Canon printer to check if you are able to resolve the issue.
- Make sure the printer and iOS device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Check if the Canon ink cartridges are out of ink or low on ink. If so, replace them.
- Also, check if the input tray has enough paper loaded into it.
- You also have to check if there is an error message displayed on the printer’s control panel.
- Get the help of the technical experts if the above-mentioned steps do not solve the problem.
Why Is Canon MX490 Not Faxing?
- Follow the troubleshooting steps provided below to rectify any issues with fax.
- The Canon printer should be provided with a proper power source.
- Make sure the power cable is connected to the printer and the electrical outlet firmly.
- If the memory of the machine is full, clear it to sort out the issue.
- Ensure that the Telephone Line Type is assigned correctly.
- Also, check if you have entered the recipient’s number correctly. Re-enter the number if you have specified it wrongly.
- Next, check if the document to be faxed is placed properly on the Canon Pixma MX490 Setup's platen and the telephone line is connected properly.
- Print the document faxed to you. Check the ink levels of the Canon cartridges if the printer does not print the document.
- In case they are low on ink or empty, the document will not be printed.
- Finally, check if the Receive Mode that you have set is correct.